The Government of India regularly introduces various schemes for the benefit of its citizens. One such scheme, launched on 15th August 2014, is Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). This scheme has positively impacted the lives of citizens and in this article, we will provide all the details related to PMJDY.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is a scheme launched by the Prime Minister of India in 2014, which aims to provide no-balance bank accounts to the poor citizens of the country through nationalized banks and post offices. These bank accounts are linked to the Aadhaar card and come with an accident insurance benefit of ₹1 lakh.
A significant number of accounts have been opened so far in the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). More than 40 crore accounts have been opened under the scheme, with the number of beneficiaries reaching 40.05 crore. Besides, a total amount of over Rs 1.30 lakh crore has been deposited in these accounts. The scheme has also increased the accident insurance coverage from ₹1 lakh to ₹2 lakh.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) aims to ensure that every citizen of India has access to a bank account. The objective of the scheme is to provide zero-balance bank accounts to the poor and backward classes so that they can lead a secure and financially stable life. PMJDY aims to promote financial inclusion by providing access to banking services for all individuals in India.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Basic Banking Services: The scheme aims to open a bank account in every household in the country.
- Accessible Banking Facilities: It covers around 2000 households with a radius of 5 km, providing them with accessible banking facilities.
- Financial Literacy Programmes: Beneficiaries are educated on how to use banking services and policies so that they can avoid any difficulties in operating them.
- RuPay Debit Card: After opening the account, beneficiaries get a RuPay Debit Card, which comes with a contingency insurance of ₹2,00,000.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana: Contingency coverage of ₹2,00,000 is provided to the beneficiaries for an annual fee of ₹12.
- Accident Insurance: The scheme also includes an accident insurance benefit of ₹1,00,000 for the beneficiaries.
- Life Insurance: Beneficiaries are provided life insurance of ₹30,000 under the scheme.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) provides comprehensive benefits to citizens, especially the poor and unbanked population. The scheme allows individuals to open bank accounts with zero balance, providing access to basic banking services and financial inclusion. In addition, the beneficiaries are given benefits like accident insurance, loan assistance and various other government welfare schemes through their bank accounts.
Eligibility of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Account must be opened for the first time under this scheme.
- Account must be opened between August 15, 2014 to January 26, 2015.
- The applicant should be the head of the family or the earning member of the family.
- Applicant’s age should be between 18 to 59 years.
- Applicant should not be a Government servant.
- Tax paying citizens cannot be eligible for this scheme.
- Even retired government employees cannot avail the benefit of this scheme.
- aadhar card
- Proof of address (eg driving license, utility bill)
- Proof of Identity (eg PAN Card)
- Passport size photograph
- mobile no
How to apply
- To apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), applicants must follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest participating bank branch.
- Get PMJDY application form from bank staff.
- Fill the form with required information and attach required documents.
- Submit the filled form to the bank staff.
- Bank staff will process the application and open the account.
|official site||Click Here|
3 thoughts on “Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 : Under This Scheme, Farmers Will Get Rs. Sum Insured Up to 2 Lakhs”
111 nava palot sonari
Andhr Bank are Not Acasept P. M Janardhan A/C please later me bank A/. C